top of page

Proof of Name and Address documents UK

The initials 'ID' mean 'Identification' and this is important as you will need your

'Identification Documents' to prove who you are and where you live, so you can get a job as a Live-in Carer in the UK. We appreciate it is not the most exciting topic to talk about, but it is essential that you get the right documents to your live-in care agency or employer to get the job you want.

We register Live in Care workers to our agency in the UK so that we can find them work. I often hear the question “What documents can I use as my identification and proof of address?” So, here’s our easy answer.

Identification document with a gold pen

Why Do I Need To Prove Who I Am And Where I Live?

Proving who you are help to keep everybody safe. This is especially important in health and social care and Livein care. As an agency we need to know that you are who you say you are.

Here Is A List Of Documents For Proof Of Name:

  • Current UK signed passport

  • Original Birth Certificate

  • EEA member state Identity card

  • UK or EEA photocard driving licence

  • Full old-style driving license

  • HMRC Tax Notification

  • Residence permit Issued by the Home Office to EEA nationals on sight of own country passport

  • National Identity card bearing a photograph of the applicant

The UK tells us what documents can be used as 'proof of address'. This may vary from time to time depending on if you reside in the UK or not. The proof of address document needs to be an 'official document.'

Here Is A List Of Documents For Proof Of Address:

  • Utility bill (gas, electric satellite television, landline phone bill) This needs to be issued within the last three months

  • Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year

  • Current UK driving licence (but only if not used for the ID document)

  • Bank, building society or credit union statement dated within the last three months

  • Mortgage statement from a recognised lender issued for the last full year

What Documents Can You NOT Use As Proof Of Identify?

  • Provisional driving licence

  • Mobile phone bills

  • Credit card statements

That's it. Follow the list and you won’t go far wrong and if you need help - give us a call on 01264 319399

Being a domiciliary carer offers a unique opportunity to make a meaningful difference in someone's life. A live in carer provides one to one care and support for individuals who need assistance with daily tasks. A home carer also provides essential companionship care, spending quality time with their clients and helping to alleviate loneliness and isolation. By serving as a friend, confidant, and trusted caregiver, live in carers make a profound impact on the lives of their clients.


bottom of page