A group of the UK's finest Live-in Care Agencies have come together to plan a celebration for all those in receipt of/providing/promoting Live-in Care, and we'd love for you to join in too!
How does it work?
It’s really very simple – it’s a chance to invite friends, family & neighbours to join you (and your client/carer if you are one) for a celebration – so come on, make a traditional English tea, pop on your crown, wave your flag, raise a glass and smile for the camera; then email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post them on our social media pages and in our newsletters and you can be part of the Big Live-in Care Tea Party this summer. If you are a social media butterfly, please help us promote and post/tweet using the hashtags #liveincare #Queens90th
Very British Prizes for the best pics of course! !Happy Birthday Your Majesty!
Here's a Recipe to help:
Traditional English Afternoon Tea
Salmon & Cucumber Sandwiches
Couldn’t be easier: Spread chosen bread with cream cheese and layer thinly sliced cucumber & smoked salmon (or tinned if you prefer). Cut into delicate slices and cut off the crusts. Eat with your little finger raised of course!
Sultana Scones – fit for our Sovereign!
Your Shopping & Ingredients List ·
450 g (1lb) self-raising flour, plus extra to dust ·
100 g (3½oz) butter, chilled and cubed ·
50 g (2oz) caster sugar ·
100 g (3½oz) sultanas ·
200 ml (7floz) semi-skimmed milk ·
3 medium eggs ·
Clotted Cream & Jam of choice (we suggest sovereign strawberry or royal raspberry)!
How to make
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan) gas mark 7. Lightly flour a large baking tray.
2. In a food processor, whiz the flour, butter and sugar until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Tip into a bowl and stir in the sultanas.
3. In a large jug whisk the milk with 2 of the eggs, then stir into the dry ingredients using a to make a soft dough.
4. Turn the mixture on to a floured surface, bring together and pat down until 2.5cm (1in) thick. Cut out rounds with a 5cm (2in) and transfer to the floured baking tray. Beat the remaining egg and brush a little over the tops of the scones.
5. Bake in the oven for 10-12min until golden brown and risen. Cool on a wire rack.
Now serve with cream & jam – which do you spread on first? Don’t forget to buy the Bubbly or make the perfect cuppa to toast Her Majesty in your picture!
We very much hope you’ll enjoy your celebration and taking part to have a bit of fun and let others know how great live-in care really is and that the option exists for those who want to remain living in their own home!