We’re Hiring! Business Development Guru
We’re currently hiring a Business Development Guru for our office based in Andover, Hampshire and we’re looking for a talented individual to join our fun, energetic, and committed team. Please see the position description below and if this sounds like you we’d love to hear from you - call Melanie on 01264 326 505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter.
Business Development Guru
Location: Head Office in Andover, Hampshire
Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday 09:00-5:30 with flexibility should the role require
We are currently looking for a motivated, highly energetic, creative, and flexible Business Development Guru who will improve the company’s market position and help us achieve financial growth. Based in our Head Office in Andover and reporting to Head of Operations, you will define long-term strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify new business opportunities, negotiate and close deals, whilst maintaining knowledge of current market conditions. You will be working closely with the internal marketing and sales team, as well as with your managers, with the aim to increase sales opportunities and maximise revenue.
- Prospecting for potential new clients
- Develop strategic new business plan in line with company plan
- Ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Cold call as appropriate within the market and defined areas
- Networking to source and then meeting potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network
- Attend industry functions such as awards, conferences and exhibitions
- Identify opportunities for service channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiations
- Execution of sales plan
- Present weekly progress report
- Extensive knowledge of the market and our competitors at all times
You must be a dynamic, ambitious, confident, persuasive, business minded professional with an eye for new opportunities, sound commercial acumen, the ability to drive sales, and increase revenue by developing new business opportunities.
In simple terms, you will be capable of self-generating leads, able to get your foot in the door, and have an in-depth understanding of what we do to enable you to come up with solutions to help the business grow.
Above all, to be successful in this fantastic role you need to show enthusiasm, drive, and passion with a strong desire to ‘win’ new business, as well as being a true team player.
You’ll need the following skills:
- 2 years sales/ marketing / business development experience
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- Full driving license
- Industry knowledge is ideal but not essential
What will I get in return?
We’ll back you up with our friendly, hardworking, small team of office ladies (currently!), a strong product, and excellent company image, full and comprehensive sales and marketing literature, growing an active social media presence, and a reputation to be proud of as we have been operating since 1994!
You will also receive:
- Free parking
- Bonus Birthday Day Off (Celebrate!)
- Ever-giving Fruit Tree because healthy bodies = healthy minds!
- Team Bonus Structure
- 10 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company Fun Days
- Company Sun Days - because we understand the importance of Vitamin D absorption and productivity
- Office wear / uniform
- Company Pool Car for travel
- Free Wi-Fi and TV in break times!
- Posh coffee for our Monday meeting - you just can’t do Mondays without coffee!